Data protection policy - The Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Irish Province
Loreto recognises your right to privacy, confidentiality and data security and we are committed to protecting your personal information.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
The personal information that Loreto collects through the Loreto website is only collected and maintained in our database when you provide it to us on a voluntary basis via our Contact form.
Information Loreto may hold includes your name, telephone number and email address.
We may be unable to provide some services to you if you do not provide particular personal information. For example, without an email address it may be impractical for us to provide particular Loreto communication material to you.
We hold most personal information electronically (and to a lesser extent in hard copy form), primarily at our own premises (but also at the premises of a limited number of service providers).
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to use or receive from our online services while it is in transit via the internet. These activities are conducted at your own risk. As soon as we receive your information, we take reasonable steps to store it in a secure environment and protect it from unauthorised access or disclosure.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect or use is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
What do we do with personal information about you?
Loreto will use your personal information for the following purpose:
- To assist us in responding when you make an inquiry, contact us or subscribe to Loreto communication material via the Loreto
- To send updates, acknowledge your support, respond to your comments and suggestions and inform you about
- To process an inquiry about the Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Our own administrative, marketing or promotion
- Any other purpose identified at the time of collecting your information
Disclosure of personal information
We will not share any information about you with any other third parties, except as provided by privacy legislation. Information we have collected about you will not be traded, sold or rented to other organisation for marketing or solicitation purposes.
A browser may be set to ‘turn off’ cookies or to customise your cookie settings. Please note that if you turn off cookies or change your settings, some features of www.loreto.ie may not work correctly.
Retention of Data
We will retain your personal data and maintain a record of your payments and other interactions with us for as long as we are required for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain your personal data for the purposes of providing access to our website and related services to you and generally as required by law or applicable regulation and for the exercise or defence of legal claims (generally for 7 years).
Your rights as a user of this website
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to applicable exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- The right to access the personal data that we hold about you, and other information about our processing of that personal data
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccuracies in your personal data
- The right to require us to erase your personal data
- The right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes
- The right to object to our use of your personal data or the way in which we process it
- The right to request us to transmit your personal data to a third party, or to give you a copy of it so that you can transmit it to a third party, where technically feasible
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Office of the Data Protection Commissioner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your local supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes GDPR.